Sexually Transmitted Diseases/A questionable Rimming

Question
Hi there

I'm a 19 year old gay man and I just had oral sex with a 24 year old in my room.

After fingering my partner he and I were trading oral sex, me receiving fellatio and my partner received a rimming from me. When we both finished I noticed a taste different from usual. Like blood. Immediately I rinsed my mouth and brushed slightly and gargled peroxide. After I showered and scrubbed everywhere including my face. I also tried drinking and eating anything acidic I could. I could only find an energy drink and pineapple.
I'm like freaking out, I'm normally so safe. I haven't had sex in 6 months.

Be honest, like what is the chances I could've caught something?

Answer
Hey Zack,

As a gay man myself I actually love foreplay more than sex itself, so what you did was actually extremely safe and resulted in virtually no risk of anything at all unless we lived in the year 1900 and you never received your Hepatitis vaccines and your partner theoretically DID have hepatitis. And even then, we live in a world I myself take great pride in the cleanliness of my backside because I like to be rimmed and that....uh...."taste" factor is not something I want my partner to comment on. SO, with that said, what did you taste? It COULD, COULD have been blood. You know why? Because its possible that if you're the type of rimmer who uses teeth or sucks really hard at the anal opening, you could create a tiny tear (the tissues of the rectum are actually pretty fragile) and you could have made him bleed just a little and he could have never even known about it. You, however, did know about. Since the consumption of blood itself has never been shown to transmit any viruses, unless you were a vampire and you were you wolf down a whole carton of it; I think you're good here buddy :D

Actually gargling the peroxide and eating and drinking acidic crap did more harm than the blood did to tell the truth because all of those things rob your mouth of saliva which contains the beneficial bacteria that kill the bad crap that come into our mouths that kill bad crap that could potentially come into it. This is why its so much harder for people to get STI's from oral transmission modes; just keep that in mind.

Your Friend,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice