Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red bumps near vaginal area

Question
Bumps
Bumps  
I'm a 22yr old female, and I have developed itchy red pimples near my vaginal area. I noticed them after I shaved and at first I thought it was a rash or something from the razor, and now it seems to be increasing up my lower stomach. They don't hurt and only itch if they're touched, there's no bumps or anything  inside my vagina so I'm wondering what it could be? I don't understand how it's spreading if it's just a razor burn, I would really appreciate your help. There is one part that looks like a cluster, they seem to be more pimple like higher up and lower down it almost is like a rash, but I have bumps below that part too. I'm in a monogamous relationship for over a year and by bf has no signs of these bumps.

Thank you

Answer
Kelsey,

I have a theory and one you may not like. First of all, stop shaving, its not something you should be doing to your body and mechanical razors are virtual breeding grounds for bacteria and other nasty things and your groin is crawling with bacteria because its dark and moist down there. If you have to woman-scape, use an electric razor with a guard OR pay the nice Asian lady to give you a Brazilian wax; its clean, hygienic and it wont produce this mess than you have here, which is a bacterial infection. Because a razor "spreads" what it comes into contact with to the others parts of your body that you also shave, you can guess that you're dealing with the icky equivalent of jock itch except that it spread everywhere. Buy some antifungal cream and get rid of it now while you still can and throw those razors in the garbage where they belong!

Best wishes,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice