Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spots on penis head

I  have these reddish spots on my penis right now. They are a little more shiny than the surrounding skin. They have been there for about two weeks now. I've had similar looking (sometimes smaller) spots off and on for the past year and a half. They don't cause me pain but they are worrisome and bothersome to my partner and I. In the past the spots have been dry, sort of flakey.
I haven't had sex with anyone in nearly a month and with one partner in the past year and a half.
Topical steroid cream helps a bit but the spots come back shortly, usually in a different place on the head. I don't want to keep using the steroid as I have read that prolonged use is bad. Is this true?
Any thoughts on what I should do?

Do these spots appear after any form of sexual activity? Like masturbation or intercourse? They look like abrasion burns which would appear after unlubricated sexual activity and that's to be expected because you're not using condoms or any form of water or silicone based lubricant. You're right to use hydrocortisone to get rid of them, which is safe (a little dab will do you!). If they remain after the steroid cream usage then I would visit with your primary care provider to make sure its not something else like eczema which is an inflammatory response.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.