Sexually Transmitted Diseases/a wart on the side of my frenulum?

possible frenulum wart
possible frenulum wart  
Hello Mark. I'm 28, Italian, currently living in Hong Kong.

Two days ago (on 12/10) I discovered something near my frenulum that I had never noticed before (not that I check that area so carefully every day though, it's kind of in a hidden area). It looks like some sort of whitish wart, but actually I have no idea what it really is.

It doesn't hurt, itch, bleed or anything. It's not even actually red. I took some photos of it and zooming on it at high resolution I can see what looks like some white filament stuff inside the wart, scary. There is/was also what looks like a black short hair or filament on the outside of it, maybe that black hair/filament contained something that caused this wart thing to appear? Or maybe it has nothing to do with that, no idea. You should be able to see this in the attached photo (please make sure you observe the photo in its full size for best viewing).

Here's some of my recent sexual activity:
On 10 and 11 of October I had mammary intercourse with a girl I had never been with. She seems somewhat sexually active with other people but we didn't have oral sex or intercourse. My first thought was that I somehow tore some bit of my frenulum or skin during the thrusting in between her breasts and this was the result. Not so sure this is the cause now.

Since September I have had unprotected intercourse with three girls, two of which only ever had intercourse with me (actually, one of this two girls had tried once with a guy before me months ago, but they had to stop because it hurt). The third girl, with whom I only had sex with once, in early September, might have been somewhat sexually active with other partners before being with me, but she was tested for STDs on 29/09 and she was clean.

What's this thing I got near my frenulum? Should I be scared?
Thanks a lot for your time and reply.

Hello Kodo,
No, you shouldn't be scared.  However the bump does look somewhat like a wart. If you apply plain vinegar to the skin, and reexamine, it should look white in comparison to the surrounding skin. It might be a skin tag.  It does NOT look like the frenular papule (pearly penile papule).  Does it seem like it's getting larger or changing in size?

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons