Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Weird bump on corona

Question
I have a weird bump on my corona that doesn't look like a hsv sore or doesn't hurt burn or itch at all. I've only had sex once, and I am 18 now living in the United states. May I send a picture? I am very worried I have HPV or Penile Cancer. Can you help me? I can't send pictures here but will be able to send one in my email.

Answer
Hello Mike,
Although you should be able to send a photo through this site, you may do so through other photo sites and send links if you wish.  Penile cancers do not occur in young men (although testicular cancers do), as they usually occur in men older than their 50s or 60s, more commonly in uncircumcised men outside of those in the US.  

HPV is possible, but there are other benign causes (pearly penile papules, sebaceous cysts, pimples, epithelial cysts, etc.) .  You didn't say whether your first sexual episode with someone else was yesterday or last year.  If it was very recently, than the "bump" you have couldn't be due to HPV, because it takes time for HPV to create the actual wart so that it is visible, elevated, etc.  

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar