Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What is this?

Question
whatisthis
whatisthis  
I recently had a really bad staff infection in my leg and spiked a high fever. After the fever broke I felt kind of weird in my vaginal area. When the hospital lanced my leg and put me on anti biotic I got a really bad yeast infection. I took medication for that as well as applying the topical medications. About a week later a few little bumps showed up but I didn't think anything of it. Now there are a few more and I'm starting to worry.

Answer
Fallon,

It appears to be the leftover remnants of your yeast infection and it looked like a pretty serious one since when you take antibiotics it destroys your bodies ability to regulate your natural hormonal balances. So after you take the antibiotics, they put you on Diflucan to regulate your vaginal bacteria to bring you back to normal and to get rid of the bacterial growth that didn't belong there. That appears to be what was leftover and I expect that it will flake off when you bathe, so think of it as a "mold" for lack of a better response. If it stay there's for longer then you need to make a follow-up appointment with your OBGYN because your normal bacteria maybe out of balance. Let me know how things go.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice