Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What could this be?

Question
Bump
Bump  
Hi John,
I noticed this bump today and am wondering if I should go in to have it checked out. A lot of similar posts suggested HPV, but I had all the vaccine doses last year. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything. So perplexed and slightly nervous!
Thanks so much for all your help.
Allyson

Answer
Allyson,

It could be just a vaginal papilla, which is quite normal and the result of normal development. If you're sexually active then you will notice more of them and if you ever have children then you'll notice them even more! I have a great home method you can try as well. Dab a little white household vinegar via a Q-Tip on the growth. If the papilla turns WHITE the it could be viral or pre-cancerous tissue. However, if it stays that pinkish color that it currently is then its completely NORMAL. Remember if you haven't had a pap smear in the past 3 years to schedule one soon to check for cervical cancer risk and HPV among other things and if you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice