Sexually Transmitted Diseases/What could this be?

Hi John,
I noticed this bump today and am wondering if I should go in to have it checked out. A lot of similar posts suggested HPV, but I had all the vaccine doses last year. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything. So perplexed and slightly nervous!
Thanks so much for all your help.

It could be just a vaginal papilla, which is quite normal and the result of normal development. If you're sexually active then you will notice more of them and if you ever have children then you'll notice them even more! I have a great home method you can try as well. Dab a little white household vinegar via a Q-Tip on the growth. If the papilla turns WHITE the it could be viral or pre-cancerous tissue. However, if it stays that pinkish color that it currently is then its completely NORMAL. Remember if you haven't had a pap smear in the past 3 years to schedule one soon to check for cervical cancer risk and HPV among other things and if you have follow up let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.