Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on penis glans

Question
glans
glans  
Hi John,

I have some bumps on the penis glans, can be HPV? or any STD? Sometimes I have dermatitis in one ear, can be related?

They get worse when there is friction in the area, like masturbation, etc.

Thanks.

Answer
Hi John,

I do believe this is the same dermatitis that affects other parts of your body. The skin is "scaly" in appearance and not indicative of any form of STI, so you don't have to worry about that. I would address this issue (if its a problem for you) with a dermatologist or other skin care specialist to see if something can be done about it. Maybe a topical ointment can be applied to keep down the dryness, but for now its best to leave it alone and allow for the skin to heal on its own. The recommendation I can give you though is to use a water or silicone based lubricant when engaging in intercourse or masturbation as this will GREATLY decrease dryness, itchiness, and irritation and give you relief. You might also consider a barrier method you to prevent the likelihood of yeast infection transmissions as a result of open wounds from the dermatitis. Enjoy your holidays.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice