Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Cluster of bumps on outer labia minora

I've never really examined myself before to see what it actually looks like down there. I wiped myself the other day and saw a small amount of blood. Figured I cut myself from shaving so I decided to take a look. What I saw was a cluster of bumps on both sides. Is this something to be concerned about. I don't know if it's normal. PLEASE HELP!!! What could this be????

They're called squamous papilloma and you should be more mindful of noticing them. They are very common in sexually developing women and can even appear inside the labia as well but are not a sign of abnormality necessarily. If you haven't had a Pap smear in the past 3 years, make sure you have one performed by your OBGYN to check for HPV and cancer among other things. If you have follow up best wishes and on a personal note, try not to use a mechanical razor when "ladyscaping" as it leads to infection and really terrible ingrown hairs!

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.