Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Growth inside tip of penis

Question
I am a 40 year old male and I had unprotected sex with a woman about one year ago who had formerly been in a relationship that may have been high-risk for STDs.  About four months ago, I was inspecting my penis for genital warts, which I contracted 4 years ago (three years prior to the experience mentioned above).  In the last four years, I have had two occasions where the genital warts were frozen off.  

During my inspection, I spread apart the tip of my penis.  As I spread apart the urethra, I noticed that there were several very small pieces of pink flesh that protruded from the urethra like a tiny pink sunflower.  These pieces of flesh were about 1-2 mm deep inside the urethra.  I would estimate that there are about 10-20 of these pieces of flesh that looked like the "pedals" of the tiny sunflower.  These pedals are only visible when I spread apart the tip of my penis.  It does not cause any pain, though on occasion, it itches a little bit, which is what prompted me to inspect this area in the first place.  There is also no pain upon urination.  

Upon first examination four months ago, the very tips of two of the fleshy "pedals" were dark.  These dark spots were very small, about 1/4 mm or less.  The dark spots are no longer present.

I do not have the means to go to a doctor for inspection or treatment.  Could this be genital warts inside the urethra?  Or something else?

Answer
Hello Mike,
Yes, these fleshy little growths just on the inside of your penile tip do indeed sound like warts caused by HPV. Unfortunately, there are no good methods for removing or treating them, without applying freezing or topical medications correctly.  It's not a do-it-yourself project because of the potential for damage that might cause either or both chronic pain or scarring which would not be good. As long as these little annoyances continue to exist and grow, they may be shedding virus to anyone you have unprotected sex with (oral, vaginal, anal).  And if they continue to grow larger, they may interfere with the outflow of both urine and semen. Perhaps it is time to plan on a trip to a nearby city you'd like to visit, around a doctor's appointment. You didn't say where you are or where you are near, or where you'd like to visit!

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar