Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes

I received oral from an escort about three months ago. She didn't have any any obvious sign of oral herpes. Is there still a major risk she spread herpes to me even without an outbreak? I haven't had any symptoms, just freaking out. It was a mistake I made and hope it doesn't mean anything serious.

The only surefire way to know if you have it or not is to get tested. I did it myself and paid for the more expensive test through my insurance and it was $40.00 and it was very thorough. I was tested for both forms of HSV. There are actually two types of HSV tests and one is cheaper than the other. Both are above 90% accurate, but the more expensive one is 99% accurate. Consider making an appointment with your primary care provider or local health department for a follow-up. Just a note for future reference: you don't have to show signs of herpes to transmit it! If you need more information let me know.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.