Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red cracked skin spot

Closer view
Closer view  
Red spot
Red spot  
I have this red spot close to the base of my penis in the pubic area. It doesn't hurt at all or itch in anyway, I just happened to notice it today and became concerened. It looks like the skin my be cracked kind of, but I am not sure what this could be, or how long it has been there. Any idea what this may be would be very helpful.

It's an ingrown hair that's healing quite nicely. You'll be seeing a lot more of these throughout your existence! Remember that pimples are not the same as herpes, which are extremely painful, itch like hell, and often have a long healing time associated with them. If you have follow up let me know.

Small painless bumps
Small painless bumps  

Small red bumps
Small red bumps  
QUESTION: Thank you for your response. I also just noticed these small red bumps on the shaft of my penis, they do not hurt at all or cause any discomfort, but I just noticed them the other day and it caused me to worry. I haven't had sex in 6 months, but am worried that it could be an std, or if it's just irritation and nothing to be concerened about.

Thank you for your help

An STI wouldn't "pop up" after 6 months for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Which means its either A) dry skin or B) were you masturbating without a lubricant? Then its an abrasion burn which means get a water based or silicone based lubricant and it wont happen. It will heal on its own and if you really want it go away faster you can apply some hydrocortisone cream on the area and the inflammation and redness will disappear pretty quickly. Let me know if you have follow up.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.