Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red cracked skin spot

Question
Closer view
Closer view  
Red spot
Red spot  
QUESTION: Hi,
I have this red spot close to the base of my penis in the pubic area. It doesn't hurt at all or itch in anyway, I just happened to notice it today and became concerened. It looks like the skin my be cracked kind of, but I am not sure what this could be, or how long it has been there. Any idea what this may be would be very helpful.

Thanks

ANSWER: Dan,

It's an ingrown hair that's healing quite nicely. You'll be seeing a lot more of these throughout your existence! Remember that pimples are not the same as herpes, which are extremely painful, itch like hell, and often have a long healing time associated with them. If you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Small painless bumps
Small painless bumps  

Small red bumps
Small red bumps  
QUESTION: Thank you for your response. I also just noticed these small red bumps on the shaft of my penis, they do not hurt at all or cause any discomfort, but I just noticed them the other day and it caused me to worry. I haven't had sex in 6 months, but am worried that it could be an std, or if it's just irritation and nothing to be concerened about.

Thank you for your help

Answer
Dan,

An STI wouldn't "pop up" after 6 months for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Which means its either A) dry skin or B) were you masturbating without a lubricant? Then its an abrasion burn which means get a water based or silicone based lubricant and it wont happen. It will heal on its own and if you really want it go away faster you can apply some hydrocortisone cream on the area and the inflammation and redness will disappear pretty quickly. Let me know if you have follow up.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice