Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red spots on penis head

Question
Red spots
Red spots  
Hi, about a week ago these spots appeared on the head of my penis. They aren't itchy or anything, hasn't been any puss either.
I was wondering what you think they might be, I can't seem to find anything similar on the internet. I have had like friction sores on possible the exact same areas a few times in the past 12 months and was wondering if that could be an infection of some kind from that?

Thanks

Answer
Hi Will,

I need a little more information from you other than they appeared "a week ago." What were you doing during that time? If it was from unprotected intercourse then it could be that you weren't using a silicone or water based lubricant and as a result of the sex you were literally shearing the skin from your glans right off during intercourse. This is why I recommend lubrication products, along with a barrier method, even during masturbation to prevent abrasions from happening. Typically they go away on their own and a little hydrocortisone cream can help speed up the process, but if I were you I would have them checked out by your primary care provider just to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice