Sexually Transmitted Diseases/small red bumps under the head of my penis

Question
red bumps
red bumps  
I was wondering if you could identify what the small red bumps under the head of my penis are
They do not hurt or itch if i leave them be but if i press down with decent pressure on the top and bottom of the head of my penis, it may hurt slightly
I noticed this about an year ago and im 18 and still a virgin
Thanks a lot
Toronto canada

Answer
Danny,

They're called Fordyce spots and are basically pimples, except they can appear on your scrotum, penis, and even on your mouth. They are considered genetically inherited, so don't think of it as anything wrong with you and please, please don't pop them! It will hurt like hell and you can scar yourself. Plus, the risk on infection is so much greater because bacteria love the damp, dark places in your groin. They can heal on their own but they can also come back as well, so this is something nearly everyone just gets used to seeing from time to time. Even I have them. If you have follow up let me know.

Cheers,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice