Sexually Transmitted Diseases/tinea symtpoms but no rash?

Hi John,

Firstly Thankyou for your time in reading my question.

I'm 36 yeard old male, healthy and active, dont smoke, drink next to nothing.

About 3 weeks ago I noticed I had a scrotum itch now and then, nothing I worried about, just noticed it was a little more frequent than the average itch we all have. It felt like if I had shaved the hairs o  my leg and were jabbing my scrotum.

Wondered if it may be fungal so tried cream for two days and was great so  stopped.

This week I suddenly started to have a bit more itching and then all the symtpoms of jock itch, chafing. Inbetween my scrotum and legs, buttocks ( anal region) and a bit at the edge of my armpits. But I have no rash at all. Yes between the legs and scrotum is slightly red, but chafing red not rash red.  I'm back on antifungal cream and feel alot of relief.

I saw a dermatologist yesterday who gave a range of questions, had a quick look and just thought it was anxiety.

Was happy with that until my girlfriend displayed chafing symptoms this morning, inner leg between thigh and edge of vulva the same irritated and clammy feeling.

My worry is I may have caught something. We broke up a couple of months ago and I slept with another girl. I wore a condom and performed no oral or anything etc. Washed myself well after.

I have no other symtpoms, no fever, burning pee, crabs, any discharge of any color from penis. Nothing else.

We bith have been going to public spas/ saunas/ Jacuzzis, we started for the winter seasom just before my syntpoms started.

I have no symptoms of any std, but all the symtpoms of common chafing. My only concern is my gf with something similar ( its onyl been o e day, maybe its coincidence and she'll wake up with nothing) but none the less i'm worried.  ( maybe more guilt than worry, I really dont think I have an std)

Well many thanks for your input

Kind regards

The winter months bring a lot of skin irritation and bothersome problems to a lot of people and it has nothing to do with STI's. If you saw a dermatologist and he/she cleared you of anything major then I would say your doing pretty well. I tend to get a lot of jock itch problems myself for no reason other than it "just happens" and for a bunch of guys this is the case as well. Fungal creams exist for a very real reason and if you found relief with them then I would stick with it. Your symptoms are consistent with such a symptom and your sexual history would not suggest anything that would alarm me. If you have follow-up let me know, but I myself use Lotrimin Spray and it works GREAT!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.