Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Vaginal Bumps

I recently noticed a couple bumps on the outside of my labia minora. I'm not sure how long they've been there. I'm don't know how much you can see from the picture, but they are pink and look and feel like skin tags. They don't hurt or itch at all. I went to Planned Parenthood and they told me it was either papillae or early stages of genital warts, which is what I already narrowed it down to via the internet. I really need to just KNOW what they are. I hope you can help!

They look like papillae to me, which is completely normal. However, I can teach you a great way to test yourself for HPV at home. Take a QTip and dip it in household white vinegar. Apply it to whatever "bump du jour" you want to test and if the area turns WHITE, then it could be either viral or pre-cancerous tissue. If it stays PINK however, then its normal, healthy tissue and the vinegar, could in fact, help dissolve some of the tissue (assuming the bump is small enough). Let me know how this goes for you and good luck.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.