Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Abrasion on Penis head, or...??

Question
no flash
no flash  

with flash
with flash  
Hello and thank you so much for doing this service!

I need some advice if you would please...

I am a guy in my 30's, fairly healthy. I am uncircumcized, so I do occasionally have issues with balanatis. I have used OTC fungal creams in the past under the docs advice.  

Over the course of the last year I've lost 90 pounds and changed my diet a great deal.

Anyway, I've been using 2% micronazole for about two or three days twice a day or so to clear up a recent issue. It's largely resolved (I have a few small spots elsewhere too), except I seem to have a spot that doesn't entirely want to go away. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't seem to weep or lose fluid, and it's not getting any deeper or anything like that (my first fear was syphilis!)

I also some unprotected oral with two women but that was at least 3 months ago.  I had a recent STD screen this summer for anything that could cause a problem with urinating (I have a sensitive bladder and or interstitial cystitis, which can be uncomfortable like an infection and I try to manage that with diet) and I came back without signs of any infections at that time. The doc was kind of disappointed that there wasn't an explanation and told me to consider the above information, given that I've had multiple screenings in my life for the "common" stuff like the clymadia and gonorreha (sorry, spelling bad).

Since that time, my sexual history is not complicated, I've had two instances of condom protected penetrative sex, one vaginal, one anal.
I do not do drugs of any kind.

I manage urinary discomfort by being more selective about what I eat and drink. not perfect, but it's under better control.

I have horrible health anxiety, my choices may not have been super smart.
Is this spot just going to take longer? do I need a different approach maybe? I understand syphilis is rare in the US. If this is the case it's definitely atypical.

Sorry to ramble... my anxiety's talking. I think the flash photo makes it look more red and "deep" then it actually is. It's actually ever so slightly raised, and my "handling" of things may have made a little more so trying to take the pucs

Thank you so much.... really

Answer
Hello Mark,
Common issue among uncirc'd guys, and this does NOT look like an STD or anything other than a mild annoying skin condition, probably from friction. Nothing to worry about.  It will eventually heal. Numerous other recent posts seen here address the same issue.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar