Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Spots on penis

Question
Spot
Spot  

infection
infection  
Hi Doc.

I am 21 y/o and from south africa. I am a second year medical student.

I have this spots on my penis. I went to read up on it and the net suggested Fordyce's spots. My concern is that they are ALLOT and big and spread throughout my whole penis. This is also the third time in a year that one of the spots get infected. I am sexually active, but did not had sex for the past year. And before that I only had sex with my girl friend of two years, but she cheated on me. I am affraid that this is something more than just Fordyce's spots. The first infection was very bad, because I did not know what it is and thus it got bad. I drained about 10ml puss from it. About 4 months later I got it again, but drained it within a week. There was less than 3ml puss. 6 months later {now} I have another infection. I will sent a few pics with this. Can you help me?? Please email me if you need more pics. I can not sent more pics, but there in more spots. Even on the glans of my penis.

Thank you very much
Johan

Answer
Hello Johan,
One of the possible consequences of an uncircumcised penis may be bumps on the underside of the foreskin associated with fungi such as candida. I cannot tell whether these whitish bumps with floccular appearance can be gently washed off with water (avoid soap which may be irritating), or whether these bumps represent early punctate lesions associated with HPV infection (warts). When occluded, glandular openings can become retained cystic structures and infected like pimples. They may represent other manifestations of chronic skin conditions you may have but not apparent, or of medications (topical or other) adverse reactions. More information about your medical and sexual history may help to clarify.

Fordyce spots are not found on the underside of the foreskin, as they are characteristics of KERATINIZED  squamous epithelium and this skin is not keratinized.

I would clean your penis with plain water in the shower (no soap), and then apply some plain white vinegar for 30-60 seconds and then observe for whitish changes which might signify HPV. You may need to see an STD or family medicine specialist for management. Regarding the pimples, applying moist heat to the affected areas, followed by over-the-counter topical antibiotic ointments. Do not use a needle as this may cause deep tissue infection and scarring, which could affect  your ability to have sex normally.

Good luck with both your studies and your own skin!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar