Sexually Transmitted Diseases/STD or something else?

Question
Vagina opening
Vagina opening  

Vagina opening
Vagina opening  
Hello. I'm Amanda, a 20 year old female from Chicago, IL. I recently had protected sex a little over a week ago and I started having a burning sensation when I urinated. Then it started itching really bad. I did one of those at home ph testing kits and it apparently was normal. I just didn't know what to do about it. I felt down there to see if there was something causing this and I felt bumps on/in the opening of my vagina. They don't hurt when I touch them or anything. They just really freak me out. I can't get an appointment with my gyno for a while so I have been extremely nervous. I also don't know whether it is ok to have any sexual contact with my boyfriend. He is starting to get worried and I don't know what to tell him. I've attached some images that will hopefully be alright. I don't know if they are warts or anything. I am just very worried and want to know what you think they could be!

Thank you so much.

Answer
Hello Amanda,
The two photos you shared did not appear to have anything abnormal.  The bumpy consistency you see is absolutely normal.  My guess is that you may have had a vaginal yeast infection that caused the irritation, and than you coincidentally discovered this normal variation in the appearance of your introitus.  Nothing to worry about! Okay to resume sex when you the burning resolves.

Good luck!
--mark  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar