Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Std?

Hi so, about 2 months ago exactly I had sex w this girl I didn't know very well, she gave me oral and she had birth control and seemed ok so I was stupid and didn't use a condom. Didn't talk for about 5 days and had sex w her again, this time me also givin her oral, we haven't talked since then. About 2 weeks after that I noticed redness and burning around my urethra and a small bump on the head of my penis, it didn't hurt,
The bump that is, I went to the doctor and he told me not to worry, we'll since then I've developed about 4 or 5 small painless bumps around my urethra, the burning has gone away but these small bumps are still there, they sre almost invisible unless my penis is erect and even then not that noticable, I've had 2 chlamidya and ghonnorea test done, and 2 herpes contact test all that came
Back negative, I've also had a syphillis test done. My question is this, if this is not an std which I pray it is not then what could it be, again no really irritation anymore, but these small bumps around my
Urethra remain, the doc told me
Not to worry but I've been looking at every possible
Thing an equating it to this, I've began even looking at my
Lips and thinking something is wrong their. I've been told it could be blantits but wouldn't that go away after awhile? Please help

Hello John,
You didn't mention if you were UNCIRCUMCISED or circ'd.  Uncirc'd penises sometimes develop the type of bumps that you describe.  They are annoying ONLY IN APPEARANCE and are otherwise not that big of a deal.  They are NOT related to gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, herpes, or balanitis.

Good luck!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Mark P. Behar

Almost any question or concern about gay men's health issues, sexually transmitted infections, abnormal Pap smears, anal cytology (anal "Pap smears"), etc. There is no such thing as “d/d free” or “clean” (free of infection), so why do so many of us deceive ourselves into thinking that some people are indeed totally free from a potentially infectious disease, like HIV, herpes, hepatitis, syphilis, chlamydia, warts, gonorrhea, etc., just because they say so? Clinical laboratory tests are not perfect, and having a “negative” or “nonreactive” test does not mean that a person is free from infection. Perhaps at the moment the test was taken, the person was uninfected; or, perhaps, the test wasn’t sensitive enough to detect presence of the infection. There is really no way that anyone can determine that they are truly “disease free,” and there are over a hundred of infectious conditions that can be spread without your knowing anything. Rather than trying to “pre-screen” or “serosort” a potential sex-mate with deceptive questions that are impossible to know by today’s technologies, a wiser option may be to consider everyone infected with something, and either use appropriate protective measures (“safer sex”), or accept the responsibility and consequences of possibly “catching” something from someone who’s hotter than expected (pun intended!). There is much research that supports the contention that an HIV positive person reliably taking HIV medications, and having an undetectable viral load, presents a lower risk for transmission of HIV than people who may think or say they are HIV negative, but are not. Food for thought!

Family Practice PA since 1981; Volunteer Clinician for Brady East STD (BESTD) Clinic, Milwaukee, since 1977; answered STD questions submitted to their web site. Professionally lectured at national and regional Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner conferences, and at national gay & lesbian health conferences on topics including HIV/AIDS, herpes, hepatitis, STDs, human papilloma virus (the cause of venereal warts), abnormal Pap smears, gay and lesbian health issues, among others.

Co-Founder, Lesbian, Bisexual, & Gay Physician Assistant Caucus of the American Academy of Physician Assistants, Inc.; American Academy of Physician Assistants; Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants; National Co-Chair (2012-16), National Association of Black and White Men Together: A Gay, Multiracial Organization for All People (NABWMT)

Journal of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (JAPA) Q Visions, Quarterly Newsletter of the NABWMT

Bachelor's of Arts, 1972 (University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI) Graduate Credits Experimental Psychology, 1972-75 (Tulane University, New Orleans, LA) Physician Assistant, Bachelor's of Science, 1981 (George Washington University, Washington, DC); Masters in Physician Assistant Studies, 2000 (University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE)

Colposcopy Recognition Award (CRA), the American Association of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology; Distinguished Fellow, Clinical Preceptor, American Academy of Physician Assistants; Fellow, Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants

Brady East STD Clinic, Milwaukee, WI Milwaukee Health Services, Inc. (Martin Luther King Heritage Health Center), Dept. of Family Medicine and Early Intervention Program for HIV Infected Persons