Sexually Transmitted Diseases/help

Question
I have HSV-type 2. I was wondering if it can spread to my face if I accidently touch it, then to my face.  and another question can you still spread it even if the sores aren't there?

Answer
Type 1 and 2 are interchangeable. Meaning your genital herpes can spread and infect your face and become Type 1. The most effective means of this happening is to have direct contact with the viral-infected fluid that weeps from your herpes sores, but this generally only occurs during an active outbreak. While herpes can be spread even when you don't have an outbreak, the chances are much smaller than when you do have an outbreak. Direct contact with the fluid is pretty much the only way to ensure spread of the virus, but I doubt your girlfriend is sucking on your herpes sores right? That would be yucky :P Stay safe my friend and if you have follow-up please inform your primary care provider.

John  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice