Sexually Transmitted Diseases/help me

Question
I feel really dumb, as i am usually very careful, but as does anyone, i had a whoops  moment.  I  had sex with one of my long time male friends exactly a week ago.. with no condom.. about 2 days later  i had cramps on both sides of my very low abdomen, very similar to if i was about to start my period, but i am  not.

Since then i have had a few headaches, still have cramps a few times throughout  the day  and as of today i was hit with this random horrible nausea  and excess  saliva.  Other than this i have no other symptoms, aside from a lower back ache.

No bumps, itching, burning...nothing.  i am freaking out and asked him and he says he is clean. I know only a doctor can tell me, but i am mortified and so upset withmyself for being this dumb. What are the odds that these symptoms are from a std?

Answer
No one gets an STI infection in two days....ever. Even if you were infected by one of the sexually transmitted bacterium's, it would take well over a week to start to feel symptoms, but those are usually associated with "itching, burning" and of course discharge. I think you've worried yourself into a stressful situation and you can make yourself sick with all that guilt you're carrying. Cortisol (your primary stress hormone) can reek havoc on every organ system in your body and generate that anxiety which is probably keeping you from going to a doctor. So do you have an STI? Only a test will determine that, but your symptoms are conclusive of one. Stay safe and seek help from your primary care provider.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice