Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Jock itch

Some say Jock itch is contagious. Is a male capable of spreading it to a female with kissing, licking the breasts, licking the vagina, or touching the vagina? Thanks.

There would have to be substantial and lengthy contact between the genitals, but yes you can transfer an active yeast infection via the transfer of sustained physical contact. This is why people can get pink eye by using the same towel or sleeping on the same bed sheets that the person with the active infection has. As far as your methods are concerned: kissing, no; licking, no; and touching, no. Herpes, however, can be transmitted via kissing, so in order to rule out all possibilities and not just the inconvenient ones, I would recommend you and your partner getting tested as a safety measure. And if you do have an active jock itch outbreak then consult your primary care provider for treatment options (like anti-fungal cream) and get it treated! Stay safe my friend.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.