Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Rash, mild itching,

I am 18 years old and I have had this rash on my shaft for a couple months now, and then about 3 weeks ago these bumps started showing up on the head, also it looks like i have some scabbing on the shaft maybe from skin being rough when i masturbate. I haven't sex in probably 5 months and it was protected. I really don't know where this came from or what it really is. Please help me?

It seems that you have some swelling in the corona and prepuce of your penile shaft and, as with all things sex-related, when was the last time you were tested? Even in protected sexual intercourse there is always a chance of contracting an STI from groin to groin contact. Remember that the condom ONLY protects the shaft and meatus of the penis! However, I don't really notice any of that in your groin, so what could it be? Keep in mind that in the winter, especially if you live in a home that uses heating, warm, dry air from your heating unit can dry up your skin, leeching moisture from it. That's why I use lotion everyday because of the higher risk that comes from chapping and what could be MORE chapping than masturbation? Skin rubbing on skin vigorously?!?! If this is the case, than just remember to use a lubricant the next time you masturbate, but in all seriousness the inflammation could be caused by a localized skin infection from yeast (yes men you can get yeast infections), or even a bacterial infection! I would recommend contacting your doctor and making an appointment. In MANY cases Dylan, it could turn out to be localized tissue inflammation NOT caused by an STI.

Make an appointment, get it checked out, and ask for treatment options. Above all, never be embarrassed about discussing these things with your doctor! Stay safe buddy.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.