Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Rash on penile shaft

Question
Rash
Rash  

Rash and bump ?
Rash and bump ?  
Hey john,
I have been having issues with a pink rash on my penile shaft. It doesn't usually hurt , and doesn't noticeably itch. It's hard to tell at times what my symptoms really are. I have been reading up and becoming as knowledgeable as possible on what this could be, and I would really appreciate an opinion on what you think this could be. I plan on going to see a doctor in the next couple days but would like to be prepared. I'm going to upload a couple pictures and if you could give your opinion that would be great. I have been sexually active, last time approximately 2 months ago with my ex girlfriend. Rash has been present for approximately a month.

Answer
What I like to advise my fellow men on this site is that you should realize that your penis and scrotum contains very sensitive skin that responds almost immediately to changes in temperature and environment. It is completely possible to have sex or even masturbate and have a localized skin inflammation and aggravation. From what I can tell of the pictures you sent, I didn't notice any sign of a major outbreak caused from an STI, but I cant diagnose anything and especially over the internet. If you have any form of discharge, or itching, or burning, they could be signs of many things, even a urinary tract infection. Everyone has bumps, lumps, and different signs of color change on their body, which could be anything! If this concerns you further, then proceed to make an appointment with your primary care provider or specialist and schedule a complete STI panel, which will automatically rule out a lot of things. Stay safe my friend.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice