Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small white growths on penile glans

Dear John

Over the past year I have given oral sex to 2 different women. About 4 months ago I noticed a small white growth on the glans of my penis. This was followed by the appearance of several similar growths under the foreskin and on the glans. The growths were 'rough' and white rather than 'fleshy'. They seem to subside after a few months. Do my symptoms sound obvious of a particular STD or skin condition?

Kind regards

To tell you the truth, I have no idea. You were engaging in oral sex, so if you had contracted an STI, it theoretically would have shown up in your mouth. I would go to the doctor or primary care provider just to be sure, but I really couldn't even fathom what you have James. With that said, HPV or genital warts as its more commonly called, occurs frequently. Nearly half of all sexually active men will contract it once in their lifetimes, but in many cases the man's immune system is strong enough to suppress it long term (similarly to herpes). Bottom line, if something is bothering you see your GP (as I believe its more commonly known in Europe).

Just between you and me however, when someone shows the symptoms of HPV, the warts don't always go away on their own. They have to be burned off by your physician and generally come back after some time, but go get it checked out and stay safe my friend.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.