Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Strange sore on the mound of Venus

Question
Dear John,

I'm not sure if I'm asking the question in the right category.
I just discovered a perfectly circular sore on the lower left side of my mound of Venus. It's about 2 mm in diameter, the skin area is slightly elevated, but it doesn't hurt. I've discovered it only when I noticed a pale brownish streak on my pantyliner, which means that it does ooze a little bit. Upon further research, I also noticed a few tiny brownish bumps on my lower left thigh, but they are neither open nor sensitive to touch.
I haven't been sexually active for almost ten months, and my then-partner recently tested negative for Hepatitis and HIV.
I also started cardio exercises on 2nd of February (three weeks ago) after a long period of being quite inactive, so I suspect that the sore and/or the bumps are the result of irritation and sweating;I work out on an elliptical five to six times a week for at least 30 minutes.
I also have a history of hair follicle inflammation in pubic area which occurs periodically, but the bumps I get from that are usually sensitive to touch and reddish. The most "serious" one occurred some 8 years ago (it was quite big with yellowish ooze) and was immediately diagnosed by my OBGYN as hair follicle inflammation.
I am almost 32 years old and my annual OBGYN appointment is scheduled for late winter/early spring.
Could it be that one of the two reasons listed above caused the sore/bumps to appear? Given the fact that it is perfectly round, the sore looks like a "torn" hair follicle.

Thank you in advance, kind regards,
Myrtle

Answer
If you wanted to ask me about an STI I would be "worried" about, it would only be herpes, but you said you were diagnosed with follicular inflammation, so that could be the answer you're looking for. I would bring this up with your specialist first thing when you meet her/him in the coming months. By the way, herpes sores usually DO hurt, they itch like a mosquito bite and you didn't tell me that in your dialogue, so its just something I would recommend talking about just in case! Stay safe.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice