Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Weird redness

Question
Picture
Picture  
I do masturbate a lot lately wife is miles away and I stay faithful but every time after I masturbate around the crown of penis there is redness and then fades in minutes but never completely goes away it's been like this for a month does that sound like std? No itching puss or anything besides redness.

Answer
Hey Chris,

Apparently this is the number 1 question I get asked haha! In the past two days, I have responded to five other guys men with the same query as you. You're entirely normal my friend, nothing to worry about there, and no it isn't related to any STI. The skin cells and hair follicles that make up your penis, shaft, and scrotum lack sebaceous glands, or the glands the make your hair and skin shiny and oily, so naturally after a vigorous bout of masturbation or after sexual intercourse, the skin on your penis becomes irritated, red, and generally unsightly. According to one doctor, you could use hydrocortisone cream (which is a steroid and reduces swelling) and the redness should go away with 24-48 hours. However, its entirely normal and you will be seeing those spots for the rest of your life, but in all things, if you need further follow-up then please consult your primary care provider or specialist (like a dermatologist for more information). Stay safe my friend.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice