Sexually Transmitted Diseases/balantis?


QUESTION: Hi im 16 and I went to the doctor because I felt burning on the head. He said it Looks like a small yeast infection. Couple of days later I started to see a white skin spot. I masturbated with a females dirty underwear is it possible to get an std? or an sti. I masturbated with them about 2 years ago. Can you tell me what it might be?

ANSWER: Hi Daniel,

That sounds like balanitis which IS a yeast infection and unless you were to use the complete course of treatment designed by your physician, then it will come back. Just like with jock itch or ringworm, you have to make sure its completely gone. The "whiteness" is the actual fungus growing on your skin and it extends down into the deep tissue, which is why just a few "dabs" of Lotrimin don't always work! You sound like you need a new prescription, so visit your primary care provider or specialist for more information and best wishes.


P.S: Do you think you can get an STI from using dirty underwear? Think about it. :)

[an error occurred while processing this directive]---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: My anxiety kills me. I even left my girlfriend due to it. Its just I feel like its herpes but my doctor says its nothing. I masturbated where the persons vagina is. That's Why I think its herpes.

Maybe you should seek the advice of a counselor at this point Daniel. You have the advice of your doctor that its not what you think it is and you have my assurance that's it not what you think it is either. This appears to be turning into a obsessive paranoia and it will ruin your future relationships if you let it. The point is that without PROOF, you don't have anything, so to have something stuck in your head is a form of obsession-compulsion and this should be assessed by a professional in mental health like myself, but I can not assist you in this. Please promise me you'll see someone because I don't want this to cause you any more grief than it already has.


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]