Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Bumps on thigh and penis head

image 1
image 1  

image 2
image 2  
hi John, I had unprotected sex with a woman in August of last year, a mistake I regret. A few months later in November the rash in image 1 appeared mid way down the front of my thigh lasted about a week then disappeared. A month or so later (mid December) it reappeared accompanied by the start of some bumps on the head of my penis. The thigh bumps died down again but the bumps on the penis seem to have spread over the last two months into what you can now see in image 2. It's not clear in the picture but each bump has a small black line/dot in it which looks similar to a ingrown hair. Is this some form of mite like scabies or similar? There has been no pain or itchiness though I do suffer from ingrown hairs and they seem to have been a bit more prevalent during this period of time or maybe I am mistaking them for something more serious.

The system operates quite slowly where I live so while I'm waiting for an appointment at my nearest G.U.M. clinic can you shed any light on what might be going on here?

I just wanted to add that I am aware of the dangers of unprotected sex and do regret it. There are no excuses for not being safe even amdist the throws of passion.

Thank you for your time.

The fact that this has been going on nearly 7 month concerns me as you're just NOW telling someone about it. Although the lack of itchiness you're not experiencing rules out scabies or mites, another STI could be a factor. Also the welts on your glans may be an indication of Type 2 Herpes Simplex Virus, which you should be on some form of medication to suppress. I cant diagnose you, so I can only tell you what I know. The little bumps on your thigh are probably dermatological in origin, but the welts on the glans I'm not so sure. You haven't experienced any discharge, pain while urinating, or burning sensation have you? Those would be consistent with chlamydia and gonorrhea, but don't let that stop you from getting an STI panel from your primary care provider, which will give you the answers you need. Stay safe.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.