Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Fleshy Bumps Near Uretha and Vagina

Question
Bumps
Bumps  
I am 21 years of age, and sexually active, as well as a recipient of the HPV vaccine. I noted recently textures in my vagina that may be abnormal. I have always had these bumps and fleshy spots since puberty, and some quick pictures alerted me to research. The available photos online do little to dispel the origin of these bumps however. They are pink, soft and sometimes feather like. There is almost a tuft of them near the uretha opening, unless that is just more of the vaginal anatomy I am unaware of. I have no itching, or burning pain, and sex is fairly comfortable save for the start of the penetration, which could be attributed to tenseness. They do appear odd to me however, and I feel uncomfortable if someone were to mistake them for a disease I didn't have or the like

Could they be vestibular papillae, or something more?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Dani,

Those are papules and I've seen them on dozens of women who have submitted the exact same images on this website. If they grow, change color, texture, or spread, then its likely to be a form of HPV and you know, of course, that Gardasil ONLY protects against certain kinds of HPV, not all 100 strains, so make an appointment with your OBGYN if this continues to bother you, or it does one of the things I suggested above. Stay safe.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice