Sexually Transmitted Diseases/could this be genital warts?

Question
affected area
affected area  
I have previously had genital warts, but been symptom free for 8 months. The other day i noticed 4 smooth almost flat red spots on the skin around my vagina. They look nothing like my previous experience of genital warts, nor what is said to be the common depiction. Could you tell me what they look like to you?

Answer
Hi Ro,

Warts do not take on the appearance of "reddened" spots. They're more like skin tags, so they should look like exactly as you remember them. Fleshy, wiggly, bits of excess skin, which means you are having irritation bumps or pimples and its completely possible to have them in the groin area, so that shouldn't surprise you, but if it turns out to be something that continues to bother you within the next week and doesn't go away, then please consult your primary care provider or specialist within the next few weeks. Best wishes.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice