Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes

I had unprotected oral sex just over a week ago. After 3 days I had a yellow discharge from my penis. I went to the walk in clinic that day. They gave me a shot and medicine for gonorreha & chlamyda. They also tested me for both and the test came back negative. The discharge cleared up, but I have some small bumps around the crown of my penis. I have attached pics, should I be worried?

I have no clue why you got the yellow discharge, but that does sound like an infection of some sort not related to an STI. No one gets herpes, or any other STI after only a week. The bacterial and viral STI's must incubate inside a person's body and the immune system gets involved, which is why people usually don't know if they have an STI after several weeks or even months. The bumps on your shaft and glans are nothing to worry about; those are normal. They're papules or more commonly referred to as Fordyce's spots. A lot of people have them, including me. If you do notice discharge at any point in time in the near future then it could be a bladder issue or prostate issue, but oral sex has one of the lowest transmission rates of any form of STI infection, so it was weird for you to experience the discharge after the event. Any way, follow up with a specialist/urologist if that happens again. Best of luck.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.