Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Is it herpes

Small bump
Small bump  

Small bump
Small bump  
I had oral sex performed on me on Sunday night and afterwards the girl tells me she has herpes.  She says she only had one "outbreak" in which she thought a bump was an ingrown hair and the doctor told her it was herpes but she has had no other issues.  I've been in panic mode since and have been examining myself incessantly.  I noticed a bump was on my inner left thigh but not sure what it is. It's not painful or itchy and have no other visible signs of herpes. I have had no other symptoms but I would like a second opinion of what it might be.

Hi Scott,

No one shows signs of STI infection, whether bacterial or viral, in such a short amount of time; more like several months down the road after contact. With that said, you look like you have a pimple and just like the rest of us, it is quite normal :) If this concerns you further, look to getting tested in a couple weeks, which is when your immune system will create enough antibodies against the disease to show up on a test.

Stay Safe,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.