Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Herpes or Ingrown Hair?

Question
Image of Ulcer
Image of Ulcer  
Hello, I have one very large bump in my pubic region that is about one quarter of an inch in length with no visible hairs coiling in it. I initially thought it was an in grown hair but the symptoms were different from usual in grown hairs. Initially, it started out as a painful puss filed bump that was extremely sensitive. A few days later the skin started to open up and clear puss leaked causing the top layer to rupture. Now it's just a pink crater full of clear puss. It does occasionally itch but not often. What makes me think it isn't herpes is because it didn't show up as a cluster of small bumps but rather as one huge bump. But I also have doubts because it's been two weeks and I have never had an in grown hair last so long without healing itself. I did have unprotected sex about a week prior.

Answer
Unprotected sex a week ago wont give you anything for quite awhile. It appears to be an infected pimple or ingrown hair. It would appear dry, cracked, and crater like if it was herpes, but just to be safe, you should get tested in a month or so. After you get out of the shower and finish cleaning yourself, put some rubbing alcohol on a piece of tissue and make sure you rub the area thoroughly to prevent spread and additional information. You may even have to get an antibiotic, and make sure you're practicing safe sex when its someone you don't know very well. Best wishes.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice