Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis concern

Question
Penis picture
Penis picture  
Hi, I had sex with a woman a month ago. I wore a condom. After sex, when I was taking a shower noticed penis foreskin very red when pulled back. I am not circumcised. I went to a doctor and he said was fungual infection. He prescribed a 150mg dosage of flucunazol and canestine cream. When I pull my skin back penis is still very red and veins on penis are very red also. Have been using the cream for 2 weeks and no change. I am very worried as no change to symptoms.

Answer
Hi Andres,

Your penis will naturally look like that after any masturbation or intercourse session. You're rubbing the skin and this creates friction, so redness, swelling, and the irritation are just part of the game unfortunately. I don't think what you had was a fungal infection, I think its quite normal and happens to just about all of us. The redness that you have should be a side effect of the medication and not an indication that anything is wrong per say. Also, uncircumcised men generally have a more exacerbated response to sexual activity because of the extra skin that will likely become reddened and inflamed after just about anything. If the redness and swelling after treatment continues, and 2 weeks is a bit long enough, then please consult another doctor for a second opinion, but I think you've been using it long enough as it is. Best wishes.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice