Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Penis Issue

Photo 1
Photo 1  

Photo 2
Photo 2  
I had protected sex 4 days ago, with very brief unprotected oral. I initially had a small red mark on the tip of my penis which I thought was just a friction mark.

Now I have small spots that have appeared, approximately 4 or 5 with which are raised and red, with white tops. I am deeply concerned that I have contracted genital herpes. Does this look like this is genital herpes or could it be something else?

I have also had flu like symptoms (but I quite often get this after drinking alcohol to excess). I am hoping that this can be something else.

Could you advise on what you consider it may be and what you think best to do next?

That actually looks like balanitis, which is a fungal infection and the presence of the "white tops" is almost consistent with yeast. Yes it can be transmitted via unprotected sexual contact, but most often it is aggravated by the occurrence of sex. No, its not an STI and its very curable, so I would get to a primary care doctor right away before it does start to hurt! Stay safe.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.