Sexually Transmitted Diseases/can you please clarify HSV-1 on your genitals?

For two years I thought I had HSV2 but I recently got two blood tests and both came back negative for HSV2 and positive for HSV1. I have two outbreaks on my vagina, both small and didn't really bother me more than razor burn. Ive had a hard time finding information on the internet about HSV1 on your genitals and how contagious it is and how it differs from HSV2.
I would love an in-depth description so I can inform future partners of my condition.
how does it affect a parter is is negative for HSV1?
and a partner who is positive for HSV1 but has only had outbreaks on their mouth?

Thank You so much, Im dying for answers and don't know where to find them.

HSV-1 affects only your mouth and HSV-2 affects the genitalia. It's the exact same disease, just a slightly different strain. Yes, they are interchangeable through unprotected sexual contact. It's also possible for someone to have both strains, but in your case you have just one and I hope it stays that way. If you have any further questions, please consult your primary care provider of specialist.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.