Sexually Transmitted Diseases/please Help.

Question
std?
std?  
QUESTION: I grew a bump on the tip of my penis and a couple red marks on it as well. On my testicles theirs pink paches all over them. Am really worried and feel like I need medical attention. I am to scared to see a Doctor.  Is their treatment for this. Will the bump on the tip go away?

ANSWER: Hey Jessie,

Its hard to see for certain because your flash is SO bright, but that really looks like an allergic reaction. What kind of detergent are you using? Those red, smooth patches indicate you're breaking out by repeated contact to something and since I can only see the patch on your scrotum, that's what I'm going with, but no, those patches indicate some kind of allergic reaction or a fungus, nothing sexually related, but you certainly DONT want to pass some fungal infection to your partner if you can help it! And by the way, if you're scared to see a doctor, that means you deem your behavior risky and cant face the consequences, which is why doctors send you to people like me! As an addictions counselor, I'll tell you the thrill of unprotected sex is nothing compared to the monotony of pills everyday, so don't go there! Stay safe and change out your detergent for a week to see if it goes away. Hydrocortisone cream is also cheap and great for reducing inflammation from skin reactions, so a dab of that twice a day, for a few days "should" make a difference. If not, time to see a physician my friend! Best of luck

John

QUESTION: Thank you so much. So about the bump on my penis is their any way I can send you a picture? I really want you to a look at it.

Answer
Jessie,

I didn't see a bump, but I would assume its some from of sebaceous cyst or even acne as your penis, if unwashed AND you're uncircumcised, can harbor any number of strange microbes and organisms that can create skin reactions, so if you feel this is really an issue that will not resolve itself within a week or so, I would tell a physician.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice