Sexually Transmitted Diseases/please Help.


QUESTION: I grew a bump on the tip of my penis and a couple red marks on it as well. On my testicles theirs pink paches all over them. Am really worried and feel like I need medical attention. I am to scared to see a Doctor.  Is their treatment for this. Will the bump on the tip go away?

ANSWER: Hey Jessie,

Its hard to see for certain because your flash is SO bright, but that really looks like an allergic reaction. What kind of detergent are you using? Those red, smooth patches indicate you're breaking out by repeated contact to something and since I can only see the patch on your scrotum, that's what I'm going with, but no, those patches indicate some kind of allergic reaction or a fungus, nothing sexually related, but you certainly DONT want to pass some fungal infection to your partner if you can help it! And by the way, if you're scared to see a doctor, that means you deem your behavior risky and cant face the consequences, which is why doctors send you to people like me! As an addictions counselor, I'll tell you the thrill of unprotected sex is nothing compared to the monotony of pills everyday, so don't go there! Stay safe and change out your detergent for a week to see if it goes away. Hydrocortisone cream is also cheap and great for reducing inflammation from skin reactions, so a dab of that twice a day, for a few days "should" make a difference. If not, time to see a physician my friend! Best of luck


---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

QUESTION: Thank you so much. So about the bump on my penis is their any way I can send you a picture? I really want you to a look at it.


I didn't see a bump, but I would assume its some from of sebaceous cyst or even acne as your penis, if unwashed AND you're uncircumcised, can harbor any number of strange microbes and organisms that can create skin reactions, so if you feel this is really an issue that will not resolve itself within a week or so, I would tell a physician.


Sexually Transmitted Diseases

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Brice


Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.


3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Awards and Honors
Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

Past/Present Clients
*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.

©2017 All rights reserved.