Sexually Transmitted Diseases/problems in the genitalia

problems in the genitalia
problems in the genita  

First, thank you so much for reading my email. Please give me your idea on what it is on the photo. About a month ago, I felt rough edges below my vagina. Me and my partner has been monogamous but is pretty active in sex..The spot doesn't bother much only when touch, feels itchy and burning pain..

ANSWER: Hi Nami,

Have you or your partner ever been tested? That looks like a small wart, because of the cluster-like appearance, but the only way to be positive is to get a pap smear or blood panel. Make sure your partner gets tested to, because HPV is the most common STI in the nation with 1 out of every 4 sexually active adults contracting it at some point in their lives. Stay safe.

Yes, both of us were tested a year ago. We've both got chlamydia but already been treated. He was cleared from HPV or any other STD aside from chlamydia. We didn't have any other sex partner. I got it from him when he did it with a prostitute. After what happened to us, we've been very careful. One problem we had is that my vagina has been dry so it was quite painful every time we do it. That wart came to appear there after. Any other assumptions from that? Thanks!

Vaginal dryness could be a cause and effect factor from your previous bout with the chlamydia bacterium. I would suggest visiting your local drug store and finding a lubricant that pleases you and your partner. KY makes the best stuff in my opinion and sometimes the original version is all you need. However, if you have consistent discomfort with intercourse while using a lubricant, I would suggest following up with your OBGYN. And keep those reigns on that husband of yours! Best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.