Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Raised bump on vagina

Question
I noticed a pea-sized lump on my vagina. It is only one. It is tender to the touch, but it doesn't hurt when I sit or stand nor does it hurt when I wear tight pants. It doesn't burn when I urinate so could this be a STD? I also noticed a lump on one side of my vagina (lower labia majora). What could this be? The bumps are flesh colored, never clustered or look like cauliflower. It is just a raised, flesh colored single bump. Please help. I am not a virgin, but I haven't had intercourse in a year. (If any of that matters)

Answer
Hi Sarah,

Was the intercourse protected? If not, you could put yourself at risk for any number of STI's out there and especially when you DONT know your partners status. People will always say "Oh I've been tested and I'm fine." My response is "Lemme see the paperwork." Because its just ONE bump, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, because genital warts or HPV (human papillomavirus) forms many warts, not just one. It is entirely possible that you have a papule, which is a dermatological artifact and very common in the population of sexually active adults. If you were to go through all 100+ questions that people have asked me in the past month, you would see that you have A LOT in common with people! The only surefire way to diagnose HPV is by having a pap done with your OBGYN, so if this concerns you then please consult a medical professional and stay safe!

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice