Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Raised bump on vagina

I noticed a pea-sized lump on my vagina. It is only one. It is tender to the touch, but it doesn't hurt when I sit or stand nor does it hurt when I wear tight pants. It doesn't burn when I urinate so could this be a STD? I also noticed a lump on one side of my vagina (lower labia majora). What could this be? The bumps are flesh colored, never clustered or look like cauliflower. It is just a raised, flesh colored single bump. Please help. I am not a virgin, but I haven't had intercourse in a year. (If any of that matters)

Hi Sarah,

Was the intercourse protected? If not, you could put yourself at risk for any number of STI's out there and especially when you DONT know your partners status. People will always say "Oh I've been tested and I'm fine." My response is "Lemme see the paperwork." Because its just ONE bump, I wouldn't jump to any conclusions, because genital warts or HPV (human papillomavirus) forms many warts, not just one. It is entirely possible that you have a papule, which is a dermatological artifact and very common in the population of sexually active adults. If you were to go through all 100+ questions that people have asked me in the past month, you would see that you have A LOT in common with people! The only surefire way to diagnose HPV is by having a pap done with your OBGYN, so if this concerns you then please consult a medical professional and stay safe!

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.