Sexually Transmitted Diseases/red bumps

red bump
red bump  

red bump
red bump  
Im kind of freaking out because I developed these two red bumps near the base of my penis. At first I thought it was cause I cut myself while shaving, but then about a day and half later I found a another one that wasnt there before on the upper shaft a little below the head on the side. And its freaking me out. Someone help me

Hi Kevin,

Before you start jumping to conclusions, realize that they DO look like irritation marks. Remember you can get acne on your penis and shaft to; its happened to me and a slew of other men as well. In case you're wondering herpes outbreak sores don't look anything like that, but if you don't trust my advice, then please make an appointment with your primary care provider or specialist for a full STI panel, which will undoubtedly settle your worries!

On a more personal note: Shaving your "areas" will always cause some degree of discomfort and possible irritation because of the sensitivity of that skin. People don't normally shave down there! Best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.