Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Red spots on penis head

photo 2
photo 2  
Hi, I have looked around quite around but I have not found anything similar. I have those small red spotsI or rashes that have appeared on my penis head. I noticed them for the first time maybe two months ago but there were only a few and they left after a couple of days. My girlfriend thought they were due to irritation and as they left I did not question further. Recently they have reappeared but in greater number and they do not seem to go away, It has been mre than a few days. What do you think is the problem with my penis?

Hi Nicolas,

This could be the indication of a balanitis infection because its starting to look that way. Balanitis is the male form of a yeast infection, so its caused by a fungus and the red patches you're showing me seem to follow that strand of logic. Please consult a primary care provider or specialist for more information and I'm sure he/she will put you on a round of antibiotics! They should clear right up within a week or so after starting treatment! And don't worry, its probably not an STI. Best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.