Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small red bump on glans

Question
bump
bump  
Hi John,

I've recently had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and noticed a small red bump with a central depression on the right side of my glans. We've never had this issue before so i've decided to consult an expert before jumping to any conclusions. It doesn't burn, itch, or cause any discomfort minus the fact that it's a bump where you don't want bumps to appear. I've attached a photo to show what it is I'm concerend about and I'd like to get your input.

Thanks,
Lance

Answer
Hi Lance,

The fact that it appears to be healing is a strong indication that its just a skin quirk. I get acne sometimes on my glans, abrasions, and lord knows what else, just because! The "bump" is not an indication of any STI features so rest safe on that, but if you and your girlfriend have never been tested before, it might behoove you to BOTH get tested together! It can be a great way to sow trust among couples concerned about their well-being. Please consult a primary care provider or your local clinic for follow-up information. Best wishes.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice