Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Small red bump on glans

Hi John,

I've recently had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and noticed a small red bump with a central depression on the right side of my glans. We've never had this issue before so i've decided to consult an expert before jumping to any conclusions. It doesn't burn, itch, or cause any discomfort minus the fact that it's a bump where you don't want bumps to appear. I've attached a photo to show what it is I'm concerend about and I'd like to get your input.

Hi Lance,

The fact that it appears to be healing is a strong indication that its just a skin quirk. I get acne sometimes on my glans, abrasions, and lord knows what else, just because! The "bump" is not an indication of any STI features so rest safe on that, but if you and your girlfriend have never been tested before, it might behoove you to BOTH get tested together! It can be a great way to sow trust among couples concerned about their well-being. Please consult a primary care provider or your local clinic for follow-up information. Best wishes.

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.