Sexually Transmitted Diseases/spots on my penis

Question
head of penis
head of penis  
Hi, i'm 18 years old and recently participated in unprotected sex, and i now have red spots coming up on my penis. Is this something to be worried about as i have became quite nervous,
Many thanks
Jake

Answer
Hi Jake,

The pattern of redness and diffuse swelling would indicate a contact friction rash. When you're having unprotected sex or even masturbation and you're not using some form of lubrication, you're going to get something that looks just like that. Condoms are preferable because they usually already come pre-lubricated and unless you're in a monogamous relationship with this person AND know their status, then I wouldn't make the error twice! Hydrocortisone cream works wonders if applied once or twice daily, but if this doesn't go away in a few days on its own, with or without treatment, then I would consult a primary care provider or specialist because it could evolve into a fungal treatment and you'll need to be seen under a physician's care. Best wishes and stay safe.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice