Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Std

Question
Infected area
Infected area  
I've been having a burning/numbing feeling inside my penis head for about 2 weeks. It looks inflamed on the tip and inside of my penis. I also have a red rash over the shaft of my penis. Whenever I urinate or ejaculate it burns and causes me discomfort. I'm positive I've have the hpv virus but is this apart of it or anothe std?

Answer
Hi John,

First of all, the only positive way of telling if you have anything bacterial or viral is by doing an STI panel, which involves a blood test and a scrape sample. With that said, especially if you've had unprotected intercourse, you could be showing preliminary signs of chlamydia or gonorrhea, but the real culprit could be something much simpler and less pernicious: a fungal or yeast infection. Yes men get them too. Its called balanitis and your symptoms match it almost perfectly. The only way to get rid of that is by prescription medication, so consult your primary care provider or specialist right away for an appointment and don't put it off!

Stay Safe,

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice