Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Doubts on HIV transmission

Question
Hi, it's Christian again (http://en.allexperts.com/q/Venereal-Diseases-2106/2014/4/sick-fever-hiv.htm)
Sorry for another question but I didn't receive any e-mails so I can't ask a follow up question.

The thing is I had sore-throat before having sex, so it might have worsened it but it didn't start it. So I was wondering if having a sore-throat while having unprotected oral sex would increase transmission risk or not. And for the herpes part, I know I wouldn't get herpes virus because of the sex that soon. I meant, since I had herpes (a weak immune system) at the time I had sex, would it increase the transmission risk. But then again, I have really dry skin in these days so the herpes might have been a result of that and not a weak immune system.
And for the rubbing, to be honest I felt the wetness of his penis on my anus but didn't feel anything getting in. And he didn't start rubbing right away after ejaculating, there was a 2-3 minutes window when I went to get wipes and he kind of cleaned himself.

So do you think I was in any risk after all? Or am I overreacting for something that would be considered a really low risk that testing wouldn't be required.

Thank you again, and sorry again for the second post.

Answer
Ok, so two things.

1. Do you for certain have herpes? You haven't given me proof and I have none to offer you, so unless you're getting tested for that you cant jump to conclusions.

2. Being sick the day after sex should not be treated as causal, but coincidental. This was a stranger you were meeting up with right? Not a regular date? We come in contact with lord knows what on a daily basis that makes us sick and the act of sex alone is not a cause in itself for sickness.

Also, dry skin is not a diagnosis for anything, but dry skin and still the likelihood of transmission between the small amount of trace semen between his penis and your anus would have been pretty minimal because of the lack of exposed mucosal tissue. Like I suggested in the last response, if this scares you, consider getting tested in three more weeks and keep me informed.

Best wishes,

John  

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice