Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Could this be genital herpes?

Question
img1
img1  

img2
img2  
About 5 days ago I noticed a single bump in my inner labia that itched a bit and then it seemed to go away after 3 days.  Just yesterday I noticed some irritation on my vulva and began to feel bumps forming.  They don't seem to be blisters and they hurt only a little bit when I touch them and when my underwear rubs against the area.  It seems swollen and puffy where the bumps are and I also noticed my vaginal discharge is white.  I slightly remember having the same problem the first time I had a yeast infection where spots on my vulva and labia turned swollen and itchy but I do not remember feeling bumps like this. I have had a promiscuous sex life about 6 years ago and the last std/sti test I had was last year during my pregnancy and I came negative on everything I was tested on.  I know they don't test for HSV so I know I could be at risk for carrying it.

Answer
Hi Alice,

This would be something I would bring up with your OBGYN who can perform a test sample that can be analyzed for cause. I cannot diagnose anything, nor can I truly tell what the cluster of bumps really are, but I think they may be related to a fungal infection, so please consult your primary care provider for more information and stay safe.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice