Sexually Transmitted Diseases/Genital Sores

Image 1
Image 1  
Hi John,
I am seeking advice about a few genital sores that developed this week. I have been in a monogamous relationship, and can guarantee that there has been no cheating. My girlfriend has not shown any signs of and STI from what we can tell, so I have doubts that's what this is. But in the chance that it is, I want to get it treated early. Please give me some advice. The sores are painless by themselves, but hurt if I mess with them. There is no discharge of pus or anything from them at all. They cause no physical discomfort (urination, sexual intercourse, masturbation), however, they are still causing me to worry because I have never had them before. I have also recently shaven, so it is possible that they could have been caused by that. The sores were scabbed over, but I ended up removing the scabs and using antibiotic ointment on them to prevent them from getting infected. Let me know what you think. Thank you.

Hi Bill,

That cavity, if not taken care of, can leave a scar. I would have almost suggested it was a pockmark left over from an open hair follicle. You can get acne in that region as well, but its uncommon as most of your genital skill cells lack sebaceous (oil-producing) glands that create black and white heads. This is a question best left for a primary care provider or even a specialist. I'm sure you're also aware that shaving that area is very uncommon as the tissue is quite sensitive, so who knows what changes could have gone on there, but please consider a consultation.

Best wishes,

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice

Educated and certified in STI information, HIV and AIDS, and trained in comprehensive sex education for teens and young adults. Providing counseling in sexuality, sexual interests, and sexual orientations, pregnancy prevention, safer sex initiatives, and teaching health education seminars to adults ages 18-65 for the past 3 years. Serve underserved clients in homeless shelters, workplace readiness programs, and detention centers. Three term AmeriCorps domestic service volunteer and Peace Corps nominee for Health Service to Lesotho and Rwanda. Providing services to the GLBTQIA populations of which I am a member.

3 years as a volunteer Emergency Medical Technician (Advanced) for 3 years and comprehensive sex educator for 3 years and parenting educator for 3 years. *North Carolina State Certified Emergency Medical Technician, #P083512 *Certified Health Education Specialist, #22589

*American Public Health Association *National Commission on Health Education Credentialing

American Public Health Association, Student Assembly, Quarterly Newsletter 2012-2014

*Doctor of Education (candidate), K-12 Teacher Leadership; Capella University *Master of Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences; Capella University *Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction; Concordia University-Portland *Bachelor of Arts, Psychology and English; East Carolina University

Graduated with Distinction from Capella University AllExperts, Top Experts of 2014 (One and Multiple Categories)

*Over 180 clients, lasting 30 sessions, in 5 locations during Florida service. *Over 150 clients, lasting 18 sessions, in 2 locations during South Carolina service.