Sexually Transmitted Diseases/HIV Risk from Precum

Question
QUESTION: I recently met up with a guy I met online. I received oral with a condom on. The guy said that he tested negative in December and met a few other guys before our meeting but always used a condom for everything. During oral, the guy had been stroking himself and had some precum. He then tried to put his finger in my backside but I'm not sure if he had precum on his finger. Am I at any risk and should I get tested? What is the appropriate timeframe to get tested? I've read different times from a few weeks to a few months to get an accurate result. Appreciate any advice you can provide.

ANSWER: Hi Mike,

Unless he was using a funnel and pouring a gallon of pre-cum into your rectum, then no, you're fine :0)

John

QUESTION: Thanks for the quick response! Made me feel alot better!

So I don't need to worry about anything or get tested?

For peace of mind, how long would you recommend waiting to get tested.

Answer
You can test for antibodies for HIV as soon as 3 weeks after unprotected sexual activity, but optimal results will occur around 3 months after unprotected sexual activity. In your case, you would be getting tested for the halibut, so use your own judgment.

John

Sexually Transmitted Diseases

John Brice